Quality is of paramount importance to us here at All Japan Budogu, and we are so confident in our flagship All Japan Pitch® and Takumi series products, that we offer a limited lifetime warranty on all of them.
All Japan Pitch® / Takumi Limited Lifetime Warranty
Our original All Japan Pitch® and Takumi products are rigorously tested to ensure that the Kendo products you trust meet stringent standards. Consequently, if a problem occurs with one of our original All Japan Pitch® or Takumi products (the "Product") and the problem is caused by manufacturing defects in material and workmanship, All Japan Budogu will, in its discretion, either fix or replace the Product in accordance with the warranty terms and conditions stated herein. The warranty provided for herein applies only to and extends for the lifetime of the first purchaser or gift recipient of the Product.
This warranty covers only manufacturing defects and does not cover any damage caused by misuse (such as use for any practice other than Kendo practice or Shiai, using correct Kendo equipment), neglect, accidents, abrasion, exposure to extreme temperatures, solvents, acids, water (to sensitive areas), normal wear and tear or transport damage (by airlines for example). While non-warranty maintenance or repairs on your Product can be performed by any company, All Japan Budogu requires that you use only All Japan Budogu for repairs. Improper or incorrectly performed maintenance or repairs void this warranty.
Please do not send your Product directly to us, as this will only delay the repair. Please contact us beforehand, and acquire confirmation that the problem is covered by the warranty.
This warranty is global and you may have your Product repaired at our head office here in Kumamoto, Japan. You are, however, responsible for all costs of getting the Product to us - including, but not limited to, the cost of packaging, shipping and applicable taxes. All Japan Budogu is does not accept responsibility should the product be lost or damaged in the post.
For the product to be covered by the warranty, it must still display the ‘All Japan Pitch’ or ‘TAKUMI’ tag – removal of tags from the product results in invalidation of the warranty.
Upon receipt, All Japan Budogu will determine whether or not the problem is covered by the warranty. If the warranty applies, you will be notified as to whether the Product will be repaired or replaced. Any such repair or replacement will be at All Japan Budogu’s expense, including any costs required to return the repaired or replacement product to you. If the Product is to be replaced and the Product is no longer available, All Japan Budogu will substitute a comparable product.
Incidental and consequential damages are expressly disclaimed. Labor charges and damages attributable to work performed by anyone other than All Japan Budogu are not covered by this warranty. To the extent permitted by applicable law, any implied warranties are hereby excluded. The warranty provided herein is limited to the value of the Product. Manufacturing specifications are subject to change without notice.
* Please note, the following problems are NOT covered by the warranty :
- Wear and tear to the Kote palm.
- Wear and tear to the Men/Do Himo, Men Chichikawa, Mune Chichikawa, Do Chichikawa.
- Chips, scratches or other wear and tear to the Menbuchi lacquer.
- Scratches and other marks to the Do-Dai
- General wear and tear that is deemed to be appropriate for the age/usage of the product.
- Odor and or/bad smells.
- Items not carrying the ‘All Japan Pitch’ or ‘TAKUMI’ Tag. The warranty ONLY covers products from the All Japan Pitch® and Takumi ranges, purchased via www.alljapanbudogu.com.
- Fading or discoloration of the fabrics used to construct the product.
- Products that are of the incorrect size, due to customer error (wrong measurement etc.)
* It is imperative that contact is made with All Japan Budogu before any products are returned for repair or replacement under the warranty.
* Although you are responsible for shipping the product to us, we will cover the shipping cost back to you, should we confirm that the problem is covered by the warranty.
* The warranty ONLY covers products from the All Japan Pitch® and ‘TAKUMI’ ranges. Products not displaying the ‘All Japan Pitch’ or ‘TAKUMI’ tag, or that have had the tag removed, will NOT be covered by the warranty.
For further information regarding this warranty, please don't hesitate to contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org